Most expensive Dota 2 items
Dota2 is one of the most popular MOBA video games. Not all players know that “Dota” mean Defense of the Ancients. Initially, the user is provided with a classic hero. However, as in any multiplayer online game, the user has the opportunity to decorate the character. Skin are used for this. Skin are in-game items that changes the appearance of the hero. Even the most expensive do not affect the performance — they are cosmetic only.
The price varies greatly depending on the quality of the item and the most expensive Dota 2 items can reach several thousand dollars. In This way, professional players try to stand out from their rivals.
Why Gamers Use In-Game Items
Some collectors are not afraid of the high price of skins. After all, later they will be able to sell Dota 2 items and earn good money. What other reasons are there for using skins in modern online games? If we consider this phenomenon more globally, then it is worth noting the following:
- The user motivates himself to launch this project more often and play it. To achieve real success in Dota2, you need to devote 100-120 hours to the game in two weeks. Some professionals on Steam can see numbers in excess of 20,000 hours.
- A person tries to change the gameplay for himself. By buying Dota 2 rare items, he gets a new effect from performing classic actions. Yes, this does not add strength, but at the same time, certain properties may please the user more in a certain visual form.
- The player can attract the attention of other users. Thus, items affect the status of the user. If another person likes his skin, then he will be able to sell it for a good price.
- This is a great opportunity not to focus solely on ranked games. Finding the right item unlocks creativity in the gamer. Therefore, if skins are interesting to a person, then they can be given a few minutes of their time.
Of course, unlike the main competitor, namely Counter Strike: Global Offensive, in-game cosmetic items are not so popular in the presented project. That is why their prices are more reasonable.
The Five Most Expensive Skins in Dota 2
Most modern online games are offered to the target audience for free. Therefore, the question arises of how developers make money on their project. It’s simple, because there are the same in-game items. Many of them are quite expensive. The user must consider how much he is willing to spend on skins. If we talk about the most expensive Dota 2 item, then we can add to this list:
- Hook for Pudge signed by the Ukrainian legendary player. Dendi, who together with the Na`Vi team won the International. The Dragonclaw Hook item itself has a price of $300–400 . However, it is Daniil Ishutin’s autograph that allows the skin to grow significantly in price. For example, in the Steam store you can buy it for $1500. There is also a problem with this item in Dota 2. It is extremely rare, and therefore not every player will be able to find it. Why was Dendi chosen for the expensive autograph? Everything is connected with the bright performances of the player on Pudge.
- Mirana’s blue mount. Hero Mirana is very popular among both beginners and experienced players. This skin is rightly considered the most expensive item in Dota 2. It appeared in 2017 and at that time would have cost users $400. The high price is probably due to the fact that instead of a saber-toothed tiger, the character becomes like a rabbit. Also, blue and white color attracts attention. This is an extremely rare item that has long disappeared from sale. Rare items on Dota 2 will now cost collectors $800—$1000.
- The Axe character has many expensive items that can decorate him. However, the highest price is associated with the fire axe. On the Steam platform, the average price for this skin reaches $1000. The item itself is a sharp ax for Axe. Its blades are blazing with flames. It is interesting that initially this item was distributed to users for free. The only condition was the purchase of a figurine of this hero from Weta Workshop. When the figurines ran out, the price of the main skin began to gradually increase.
- Skins for Baby Roshan. Most of the items on this courier are extremely expensive. This is directly related to the fact that there are very few of them, and therefore it is almost impossible to buy such a skin. The price for this item in Dota 2 can range from $150–$2500. It all depends on the plans of the seller. The rarest is Dark Moon. For example, it is almost impossible to find it in the Steam store. It appears every 5-6 months and is almost instantly bought by collectors.
- The soul of a witness for the hero Spectre. Speaking of Dota 2 item prices, this skin cannot be ignored. This is another extremely rare skin that is almost impossible to get both in the Steam store and on specialized sites. Only those users who saw the first kill while watching the broadcast of The International 2017 could get it. If the collector is lucky enough to find the skin on one of the resources, then the price for its purchase will be at least $1000. If the user wants to find a more adequate offer, then he will have to monitor various sites created for skin traders around the clock.
These are not all the rare items that can be obtained in the popular game. If the user is interested in rare skins, then it is advisable to analyze the proposed options. Today, many scammers are trying to significantly increase the price of skins, and therefore it is worth studying various statistical information.
Summing up, we can confidently say that in-game items are an indispensable part of Dota2. Many users, realizing that skins do not affect the gameplay in any way, still buy them. After all, this is a chance to stand out from the competition, demonstrating your motivation to develop. It is logical that a player who has spent several thousand dollars on skins will interact more with the Dota2 universe. Also, it reduces the likelihood of a user violating the rules, because he does not want to get banned and lose all his items in his inventory. At the same time, you should not focus solely on buying items, since they do not affect the gameplay and the characteristics of the hero.